Each year European Best Destinations organizes the election of the best destinations in Europe with hundreds of thousands of travellers who vote to elect the best destination of the year. Last year they opened the competition to 31 new rankings.
Besides the fact, that Porto was elected the Best European Destination 2014 and won the title ahead of 19 big european cities, Portugal is also the highest ranked country in these 31 new rankings:
- The 25th April Bridge is ranked most beautiful bridge in Europe (1st place);
- The Dom Luis Bridge in Porto is ranked among the seven wonders of Europe;
- Porto Santo & Sintra are ranked among the Best Hidden Gems of Europe;
- Pena Palace of Sintra is at the first place of the most beautiful castles in Europe;
- Santa Marta Lighthouse is ranked at the 4th place of the most beautiful lighthouses in Europe;
- Bica Funicular is ranked at the 1st place of the most beautiful funiculars in Europe.
Read more at http://www.europeanbestdestinations.org/top